Qui êtes-vous ?
- Jean-Marc NEUMANN / Juriste / Droit de l'animal
- Juriste en droit de l'animal .Coordinateur de EGALS (Educational Group for Animal Law Studies- http://egals.university/).Chargé d'enseignement en droit de l'animal /Université de Strasbourg. Membre du Steering Committee du GAL Project(https://www.globalanimallaw.org/interviews/jean-marc-neumann.html)
jeudi 2 février 2017
Portland/USA : Animal Law Review's 6th Annual Symposium " Animal Experimentation: Current Welfare Policy, Socio-Legal Implications, and Avenues for Reform"
Friday, February 17, for an engaging discussion of the ethical and legal parameters of animal testing, as well as potential avenues for reform. Five panels of interdisciplinary professionals from across the country will discuss current practices in biomedical research, new frontiers in chemical testing, aquatic animals in research, approaches to litigation and the retiring of research animals, as well as the ethical and professional implications of animal testing itself.
The event will run from 10 am until 4:30 pm, with a reception to follow from 4:30 pm until 6 pm. Included is a vegan catered lunch from 12:30 until 1:30 pm, as well as refreshments!
· The Practice of Biomedical Research
o Animal Welfare Act welfare standards in the Research Process, and the case for using animals in research
· New Frontiers in Chemical Testing
o The development of alternatives in regulatory testing, and new legislative developments
· Litigation & the Process of Retiring Research Animals
o Creative approaches to litigation, and transferring retired chimpanzees to sanctuaries
· Aquatic Animals in Research
· Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Attorneys
· Sara Amundson, Executive Director of the Humane Society Legislative Fund
· Sarah Baeckler Davis, President and CEO of Project Chimps
· Ryan Gordon, General Counsel for the Beagle Freedom Projected and ARME (Animal Rescue, Media & Education), and Associate Attorney for Radcliffe & Saiki law firm
· Jeff Brown, Biologics Research Associate for Regulatory Testing at PETA
· Kathy Hessler, Clinical Professor of Law and Animal Law Clinic Director at Lewis & Clark Law School
· Russ Mead, Adjunct Professor at Lewis & Clark Law School, Attorney for Allen & Mead law firm, and General Counsel of the Animal Law Coalition
· Mary Zelinski, PhD., Reproductive Physiologist at the Oregon National Primate Research Center
· Eliot Spindel, PhD., Neuroscientist at the Oregon National Primate Research Center
Tickets are available at: animallaw2017symposium.brownpapertickets.com
Student Ticket $12
General Admission $15
Special Admission for CLE (for newly admitted or public interest attorneys) $50
General CLE $75.
Accreditation is being sought for 3.5 General CLE credits and 1 Ethics CLE credit.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and for further information, please visit: https://law.lclark.edu/law_reviews/animal_law_review/symposium/.